Test your Colorado Law knowledge!
Questions marked with a
1. What are the legal options for homeschooling in Colorado?
A teacher with a current Colorado teaching license
Home-Based Education Law - Filing a Notice of Intent (NOI) to homeschool with a Colorado school district
Non-Public School Law - Enrolling in a private ("umbrella" or "independent")
school located in Colorado that allows you to teach your children at home
All of the above
2. At what age (as of August 1st) is a child's parent required to submit an NOI or enroll them in an independent school?
3. If you live in Colorado and plan to enroll in a private/independent/umbrella school, where must that school be located?
Anywhere in the USA
Anywhere in the world
In the state of Colorado
In your school district
4. Which legal homeschooling option lists "Honor and Use of the Flag" as a required subject?
Home-Based Education Law (Homeschool Law or NOI)
Non-Public School Law (Independent schools)
Under a licensed teacher
All of the above
5. Which of the following credentials would qualify a person to be able to professionally evaluate a student in Colorado? (mark all that apply)
Has a current Colorado teacher's license
Is employed by an independent or parochial school
Is a licensed psychologist
Has a graduate degree in education
6. If your family follows the Non-Public School Law and you are enrolled in a private/independent school, how often do immunization records or exemptions need to be submitted?
Every six months
Only once, when you enroll
Every school year
Dependent on the school's policies
7. According to both the Home-Based Education Law and the Non-Public School Law, how many days of instruction are required every school year?
8. Under the Home-Based Education Law, who can legally sign a student's diploma when they graduate high school?
The student's parents
The private or independent school in which the student is enrolled
The Colorado Department of Education
The local public school principal
9. What documentation is required for all homeschooling families to file with the State of Colorado?
Immunization records (or an exemption)
None of the above
10. When choosing the option to homeschool by enrolling in a private/independent "umbrella" school, does the school file a NOI on your behalf?
Yes, the school will take care of it for you.
No, private/independent "umbrella" schools follow the non-public school law, not the home-based education law, and are not required to file an NOI for their students.
11. When you are enrolled in a non-public private/independent "umbrella" school, should you also file a NOI with your school district?
Yes, it's required by law.
Yes, it's good to have all your bases covered.
No, you are now under the non-public school law and are not required to follow the home-based education law.
12. What laws are a non-public private/independent "umbrella" school required to follow?
Home-based education law
Non-public school law
Public school law
Your Contact Information (required for contest entry)
Online Survey Software
Host : qprun3a